9 Reasons to Laser Align
1. Fast and accurate – Westgear’s laser alignment services are ten times faster and 100 percent more accurate compared to dial gauges or straight edge methods. The average dial setup will not measure down to 0.001 mm – but our lasers can!
2. Quick to set up, highly reliable – Westgear’s laser alignment system is quick to set up, easy to use and much more reliable than old technology. The latter often requires extensive experience and sometimes complicated calculations to be used. For example fixtures for dial gauges always drop a little, which affects the accuracy of the gauge’s displayed value. This is not the case with laser alignment.
3. Possibility to generate reports with results straight away – With Westgear’s laser alignment system, it is possible to generate PDF reports directly from the instrument. The computer handles a number of targets and tolerances and it is easy to interpret the results. The possibility of documenting the results gives better control over the machines and greater quality assurance. Reports can be generated for before and after alignment.
4. Gives you a broader picture – A laser alignment allows you to easily detect possible soft foot and weak foundations, which may cause the machine to get damaged due to vibrations.
5. A disciplined and repeatable process – Westgear’s laser alignment tools make the process of measurement and correction much more disciplined and repeatable. Rulers and dial gauges are not sufficiently accurate for today’s modern machines. Using laser alignment always gives the same results regardless of who takes the measurements.
6. Possibility to measure with a small shaft rotation – With Westgear’s laser alignment it is possible to measure even with a small shaft rotation, for example only 40 degrees. This solves the problem when piping and machine parts are in the way for a greater rotation.
7. Reduced energy consumption – Westgear’s laser alignment allows precise measurements that reduce your energy consumption in the long term. Poorly aligned machines require more energy to achieve the same results as a well-aligned asset. Reduced energy consumption is not only good for your electricity bill but of course also for the environment.
8. Error-free and high-resolution technology – Old technology may have too low a resolution to measure accurately enough and may be subject to reading errors or sticking dial hands. Westgear’s laser alignment systems are based on high-resolution non-contact technology and free from such errors.
9. Elimination of bending of the hardware and setup mistakes – With Westgear’s laser alignment you eliminate errors associated with old technologies such as bar sag, substandard dial bar and mistakes when setting up the clamps.